----------------------ABU DHABI----------------------

Monday, August 20

Little Things make the difference







Today i went shopping with my mother, we were having a great time,talking,shopping,laughing at ourselves when we thought about the hours of "shopping" we had done without actually buying anything and my mothers habit of trying on alllll the most ridiculous sunglasses at the counter and laughing "big belly" laughs at each other...we were having a great time....So this last stop we made was a clothing store, we picked our items and continued to the cash register to pay.





A woman comes up and stands so close to my mother she knocked her purse off her shoulders, she doesn't say sorry, and she continues to stand there. My mother looks at me rolls her eyes as in "here we go again with the ignorant people" and moves over a little away from the lady. Then while my mother is paying for her items i watch as this woman slowly starts to look my mother up and down, then she turns and does the same to me, i look at her and smile a little,she doesnt smile back, she then goes back to staring non-stop straight at my mother,up and down, up and down like a photocopy machine.





I look at her again, she turns, looks at me, then continues staring at my mother, this moment my mother drops her purse and money to the ground, albeit because of that woman's eye(evil eye) and i say to her"Is there something wrong with my mothers face that you have to stare at her like this?"





She then looks me up and down and cracks a half smile, she does a little "humfh" laugh and stares at me....(As in"I don't care what you think, because i find you small and insignificant "...) I tell her that what she has done is rude, and i pay for my items and leave with my mother...





Now, this scenario happens almost every time i am out with my mom shopping...Whats wrong with these women that they think they can treat people like that? They think they are better than everyone else. What i really wanted to say OUT LOUD in front of her after she did that was "God please make me better than her in the heart, make my heart bright and happy, not envious and black, spare me and my family from the evil eyes of others like her, and give these women more compassion and mercy for others"....





What is important about this story is that, that woman was a Muslim woman, as well as i, but my mother is christian....This Muslim woman had no compassion, no light in her heart, and no utterance of Mashallah on her tongue when she looked at us...She gave a HORRIBLE impression to me and most importantly my mother(who i have had constant battles with to defend that Muslim woman are nice and compassionate) Ive found that women like this woman are many now a days, we Muslims judge each other SO harsh!





We have no mercy for others any more, well at least not like before some 10 years or so...Its VERY hard to find a Muslim woman who does not intentionally pass judgement on another Muslim woman when she walks by her,whether it be because of the height of her heels or lack of, the color of her hijab, or the style of abaya she wears...Yes, modesty and faith are intertwined and whats found in the heart will also be found on the body, i agree with this, but sometimes there are women who are showing they are good from the outside like that women by her way of dressing, but they have a black disease within their hearts...


People in general regardless of their religion are becoming selfish and cruel ...


Im at a loss for finding goodness in this world...





A Note to my Muslims Sisters:

Smile at your sisters in Islam, show them that you share their love for Allah and his blessings. A Smile to your sister in Islam or ANY woman for that matter is charity. Give non-Muslim woman the chance to speak to you, to ask about who you are as a Muslim, you never know, they might be guided by Allah and have you to thank as their mentor or the person who they will always remember as the one who gave them the good impression of Islam and Muslim woman with a beautiful smile...


Ibn Abbas(radiyallahu 'anhu) reported that the Messenger of Allah(sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallm) related from his Lord (subhanah wa ta'ala):

"Verily Allah has recorded the good deeds and the evil deeds."

Then he clarified that: "Whosoever intends to do a good deed but does not do it, Allah records it with Himself as a complete good deed; but if he intends it and does it, Allah records it with Himself as ten good deeds, up to seven hundred times, or more than that. But if he intends to do an evil deed and does not do it, Allah records it with Himself as a complete good deed; but if he intends it and does it, Allah records it down as one single evil deed."



[Al-Bukhari & Muslim]


Abu Dharr (may Allah be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said,

“There is no person who does not have the obligation of (doing) charity every day that the sun rises.”

Whereupon he was asked, “O Messenger of Allah, from where would we get something to give in charity (so often)?”

To which he (peace and blessings be upon him) replied,

“Indeed the gates to goodness are many: glorifying God, praising Him, magnifying Him, saying ‘There is no god but Allah,’ enjoining the good and forbidding the wrong, removing (any source of) harm from the road, making the deaf hear (and understand), guiding the blind, showing the seeker his need, striving as far as your two legs could carry you and with deep concern to give succor to him who asks, carrying with the strength of your arms (the burdens of) the weak. All these are (acts of) charity.”





And he added, “And your smiling in the face of your brother is charity, your removing of stones, thorns, and bones from people’s paths is charity, and your guiding a man gone astray in the world is charity for you.”





Anyhow! On a lighter note, My Kitty gave me a face that melted away all the anger and dissappointment i had, and i captured it to share WITH YOU of course!




I also like the way the butterfly hanging thingie was catching light in the guest bedroom so i snapped that too...





Enjoy!


No comments: